In 2008, Atoll was the first LTE network planning software available on the market. Atoll is being used by a number of the largest LTE operators worldwide. Atoll 3.3 is a comprehensive framework for operators who need to plan evolution towards LTE and LTE-Advanced. It allows planning and analysing integrated GSM/UMTS/LTE and CDMA/LTE networks.
This module is the result of a strong R&D program in 4G technologies which Forsk is conducting with strategic partners including world-leading equipment vendors and operators.
Who should attend?
- Radio Planning Engineers
- Consultants with strong RF planning background
- Radio Planning R&D team members
- Knowledge of 3GPP GSM, UMTS/W-CDMA and LTE standards.
- Knowledge of LTE technology and RF planning at engineering level.
DAY 1: Atoll General Features
- General Introduction
- Working Environment
- Managing Geographic Data
- Managing Radio Data
- Managing Computations
- Project Outputs
- LTE Concepts and Planning Overview
- Modelling a LTE Network
DAY 2: Atoll General & LTE Features
- Prediction Studies Based on Cell Loads
- MIMO boost
- ICIC techniques
- Neighbour Planning
- Automatic Frequency and PCI Planning
- Frequency and PCI Plan Analysis
- Carrier Aggregation
- Monte Carlo simulation
DAY 3: Atoll LTE-Advanced & NB-IoT Features
- MIMO Features with enhanced MIMO
- LTE TDD Mode
- COordinated Multipoint Transmission and reception (CoMP)
- Relay Nodes
- NB-IoT features and Concepts
- NB-IoT Planning Overview
- Modelling a NB-IoT Network
- NB-IoT Predictions
- Neighbour Allocation
- Automatic Resource Allocation