Aster is a high-performance propagation model for Atoll that supports macro, micro, and small cell urban propagation scenarios.
Aster includes advanced ray-tracing propagation techniques and combines high accuracy with superior calculation speed.
- Support for all radio access technologies (GSM, UMTS, LTE, …)
- Support for frequencies ranging from 150 MHz to 5 GHz
- Support for all types of cells with pre-configured and user-defined parameters: macro, micro, and small cells
- Support for all types of propagation environments: rural, suburban, urban, dense urban
- Vertical diffraction over roof-tops
- Horizontal diffraction/reflection based on ray-launching
- Ray-tracing calculation on raster data as well as on vector building data
Configuration & Calibration
- Support of multi-threading and distributed computing
- Automatic calibration using CW measurements