Atoll is based on a modular architecture that makes it adaptable to operators’ configurations, technologies, and functional requirements.
- Atoll Core is the central module that supports the user interface, GIS features, the propagation modelling engine, data management services, and interfaces. All technology modules run on top of Atoll Core.
- Atoll Live module allows combining live network data such as KPIs, UE/cell/MDT traces, and crowdsourced data with predictions and further extends Atoll accuracy. Using the Live module, the Atoll Automatic Cell Planning (ACP) can leverage live network data for site selection, optimisation, and configuration processes.
- Atoll In-Building module allows designing indoor wireless networks within the Atoll user interface, allowing full integration of indoor/outdoor planning processes.
- Atoll Microwave is a comprehensive backhaul and transmission network planning software. It is based on the Atoll Core platform and can be integrated with Atoll radio-planning configurations. Atoll Microwave includes advanced LOS modelling, as well as nLOS/NLOS capabilities for small cell backhaul.
- Aster and Aster mmWave, both part of the same package, are advanced ray-tracing propagation models that support multiple propagation scenarios and frequencies both below and above 6GHz.
- CrossWave is a universal high-performance propagation model developed by Orange Labs. It supports all wireless technologies and all types of environments, from rural to dense urban areas.
The technology matrix below shows the modules suitable for each technology. Several technologies can be combined in the same Atoll configuration for planning integrated multi-technology projects.
The following sections list the system requirements for Atoll in various deployment environments. These may be used as a guideline for minimum and recommended processing power and resources required for Atoll.
Atoll supports the following versions of Microsoft Windows operating systems:
· Microsoft Windows 10 Professional and Enterprise (64‐bit)
· Microsoft Windows 8 and 8.1 Professional and Enterprise (64‐bit)
· Microsoft Windows Server 2019
· Microsoft Windows Server 2016
· Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
Atoll supports the following versions of hypervisors:
· VMWare ESXi 4.x, 5.x, 6.x
· Microsoft Hyper-V
· KVM on RHEL Openstack
Cloud Computing Services
Atoll supports the following cloud computing services:
· Amazon Web Services (AWS)
· Microsoft Azure
· Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Database Management Systems
Atoll supports the following relational database management systems:
· Oracle 11g, 12c, 18c, and 19c
· Microsoft SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2017 and 2019
· PostgreSQL 13
· Microsoft Access